VMware vCloud Air (Coming Soon!)
Infinite Ops Cloud Provider
Please note VMware is not yet supported, but is in the roadmap for a future release.
VMware vCloud® Air™ is a secure public cloud service operated by VMware, built on the trusted foundation of VMware vSphere®. The service supports existing vSphere workloads and thirdparty applications as well as new application development, giving IT a common platform to seamlessly extend their data center into the public cloud and remain in control. Combine the benefits of your existing vSphere data center with the agility of vCloud Air and you have a true Hybrid Cloud that is scalable, portable and agile enough to meet your growing business needs.
The vCloud Air portfolio includes Infrastructure as a Service, Recovery as a Service and a vast catalog of supported Applications and Operating Systems. vCloud Air is offered in both subscription and pay as you go packaging.
- Broadest OS and Application Support – vCloud Air supports over 5000 applications and dozens of operating systems that are certified to run on vSphere, so you can run your applications in the cloud, no changes required.
- Network Integration – Your IT infrastructure can extend beyond the physical limits of your data center to the cloud, using the same network configurations as your on-premises infrastructure.
- Reliability and Manageability – You can write, deploy, and manage applications in the cloud the same way you do today, relying on the same underlying vSphere platform.
- Comprehensive Suite of vSphere Management Tools – vCloud Air is architected on the same platform as vSphere and is integrated with various management tools including vSphere Web Client, vRealize™ Automation™, vRealize Operations™, vCloud Connector®, and many more.
- Suite of Business Continuity Services – Save time and lower expenses by utilizing our suite of cloud- based disaster recovery, and data protection services.
- Tiered Storage Options – SSD-Accelerated and Standard storage offerings to meet your performance and budget needs.
What if you could…
- Seamlessly extend any application into a vSphere compatible public cloud with no changes?
- Migrate VMs on or off premises, when you choose, for true workload portability?
- Use the same portal, management tools and network settings that you have on-premises?
- Remain in control of your workloads, independent of location?
- Have a true Hybrid Cloud Environment?
Welcome VMware Air
Enterprise organizations are looking to cloud-based solutions to improve efficiencies, geographical coverage, and economies of scale. Most have made sizable investments in existing infrastructure and are faced with the decision of how to make the best use of existing investments as well as future expansions. Why choose between your onsite environment and public cloud services when the most effective strategies leverage both? Rely upon your trusted onsite investments while effectively extending your services to an equally trusted Hybrid Cloud infrastructure from VMware.
With over 70 percent of hypervisor market share in the enterprise space, and the industry-leading suite of management and automation tools, VMware vCloud Air is your solution for extending into the public cloud. Built on the trusted foundation of VMware vSphere, vCloud Air integrates with your on-premises data center to effectively blend the flexible scalability of an offsite cloud with the security and integration dependencies of your existing onsite service infrastructure. vCloud Air supports both existing workloads as well as new applications, giving IT admins and architects a common platform to seamlessly extend existing data centers to the cloud and leverage the same tools and processes they use today.